Happy Monday everyone...I hope you all had a great Halloween weekend! Today I am sharing a makeup look that is really easy to create and is a little more dramatic than what I usually wear. While I love finding new makeup and beauty products to try, I rarely take the time to play around with different makeup looks and I usually just stick to my normal routine. For Halloween, I wanted to do something a little more dramatic and since Ben decided to take a nice long nap that afternoon, I had some extra time to play around and came up with this bronzy, smokey look.
How to create the look:
1. Primer: Bare Minerals 'Prime Time' Foundation Primer applied over entire face.
2. Foundation: Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer mixed with Dior 'Diorskin Forever' Flawless Foundation. I just mixed a little bit of each on my hand and then used a Beauty Blender to apply--I concentrate the most product on my problem areas and then apply the thinnest amount on the perimeter of my face and forehead so it doesn't look too heavy.
3. Corrector/Concealer: I used my favorite Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer to brighten under my eyes.
4. Powder: I set my foundation and concealer with Makeup Forever 'Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation with a big fluffy brush and a light hand so it doesn't look too powdery.
5. Bronzer/ Blush: For bronzer, I used my favorite Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in 'Golden Light' around the perimeter of my face, under my cheekbones and jawline and a little down my neck to make sure my face and neck match. For blush, I used Laura Mercier's Powder Blush in 'Lush Nectarine.'
6. Eyebrows: For my brows, I always use the Anastasia Beverly Hills 'Perfect Brow Pencil' to fill in a few sparse spots. My brows are fairly dark and I use the "Blonde' shade which is the perfect color and looks really natural. Just make sure to comb through your brows once you've filled them so they don't "look" filled in.
7. Eye Shadow: To create this smokey eye, I used a product that I bough to try for the first time and ended up loving! It is the NYX Cosmetics 'Ultra Pearl Mania Loose Pearl' Eyeshadow. I used two colors: 'Mink' which is a beautiful copper color for all over my lid and in the inner corners of my eyes, and 'Mocha,' a darker brown that I used in my crease. I also used the 'Mocha' underneath my bottom lash line as a liner. These eyeshadows are super shimmery and pigmented--they look amazing on and they will last forever. And for less than $3, they are perfect for trying out new eyeshadow colors. Definitely a new favorite product!
8. Mascara/Lashes: I curled my lashes with a Shiseido curler and then applied one coat of Lancome 'Hypnose' mascara. Once that dried a little bit, I added some Ardell individual lashes for extra length and volume.To finish, I applied one last coat of Dior 'DiorShow Blackout' mascara to blend the individual lashes with my own. I use this mascara last because it is a really great black and makes your lashes look really thick.
9. Eyeliner: When I apply false lashes, I always use a black liquid liner to create a clean line above my lash line. My favorite, and the one I used for this look, is the Maybelline 'Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen' Eyeliner.
10. Lips: I haven't worn a nude lip in a really long time, but because my eyes were darker and more dramatic, I used YSL 'Rouge Volupte' Lipstick in the color #001 Nude Beige to keep the focus on the eyes. This is the softest lipstick you will ever wear and the colors are rich and beautiful.
Below are all the products I used to create this look: